Claude Werner is known in the firearms training industry as the Tactical Professor and focuses on the firearms industry from a different angle than most other personal protection educators.
Like many of his peers, Claude has a background in the military, however, this background was often focused on military intelligence. After his time in the Military Claude had an executive career in the private sector, first in commercial real estate followed by a director level position in a big 5 accounting firm.
What these three different life experiences have in common is decision making based on large amounts of data. Claude has successfully transitioned the same skills he used in military intelligence, commercial real estate and accounting to educating his clients in firearms and personal protection related topics.
In Episode 441 with Claude Werner
In today’s episode of the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast I have an in depth conversation with Claude on a wide range of topics. We discuss:
- Making decisions based on data instead of emotions
- Evaluating a defensive gun use based on financial criteria
- The defense of others and how third party defense can be significantly more difficult to avoid negative outcomes
- Dynamics of home invasions that may surprise you
- Negative outcomes and why Claude focuses on mitigating those negative outcomes
- How competence can increase your ability to deal with a defensive gun use more efficiently
- Why we need to think about personal protection more like Italian real estate
- How firearms instructors miss the boat when they fail to understand their clients lives and why they should get a real job
- The Can/May/Should/Must paradigm and how it can improve your decision making as you prepare for a defensive gun gun use
- Why making decisions ahead of time is so important in the defensive use of guns.
- Co. Boyd and what he should be known for, and it isn’t the OODA Loop
- How David Brin’s Triumvirate of Success can help us to balance the consequences, the honor and nobility, and our courage in responding to a personal protection incident
The conversation I had with Claude was comprehensive and deep. Claude is one of the folks in the firearms industry that invests the time and energy into considering the fine details of his instruction and the consequences those details could lead to when applied to personal protection.
Exclusive Patron Only Content
In today’s Patron only portion of the show, Claude shares with me how far he feels the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast has come and we talk about Col. Boyd’s Aerial Attack Study and how it impacts decision making in personal protection.
To gain access to the exclusive Patron only content simply head to SafetySolutionsAcademy.com/support!
Important links related to today’s show.
Listen to Hundreds of SSA Podcast Episodes!
Shop with our Affiliates
You can support the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast by clicking through our affiliate links: