ViolenceÂ doesn’tÂ happen the way you expect it to happen. Â You are likely to be surprised. Â You probably won’t find out that you are in a fight for your life until after you have been hit, kicked, cut, stabbed, shot at or actually shot. Â You could be off balance, in a compromised position or even on the ground when you need to draw your firearm to protect yourself or those that you love. Â This class is all about the complex ugliness of a real fight.
The Advanced Pistol Handling course is designed to expand the circumstances and conditions under which you can apply the skills developed in the Critical Defensive Handgun or Combat Focus Shooting Course.
You will learn to:
- Safely and quicklyÂ present your gun from the holster to all 360 degrees
- Deal with malfunctions in a way that will get your gun back up and running every time with both or just one hand
- Reload your gun one handed with either hand
- Shoot with speed and precision from unorthodoxed positions such as kneeling, sitting and lying on the ground
- Use cover appropriately when its available
- Get the hits you need to get when extreme precision is required or when you are forced to shoot at unreasonable distances
The APH Course is designed as a companion course for students who have completed the Critical Defensive Handgun Course or a Combat Focus Shooting Course from another instructor. Â It will provide you the opportunity to expand your skill set and increase your competence.
Follow this link to take a look at a video of the “Flow Drill” which is one of the evaluation tools used in the APH course.
You will find this course both physically and mentally challenging which helps to ensure that you will be taking your confidence in your skills and your actual ability to defend yourself and those you love to the next level.
Â Register for Advanced Pistol Handling today.