Jon is the owner of PHLster Holsters and has a background as an ASCE Certified Mechanic. He also has a degree in fine arts. Jon used his skills as a mechanic and an artist to modify holsters so that they more readily accomplished the task of safely, securely and comfortably concealing his handgun. Those holsters still didn’t quite fit the bill. As Jon explored the holsters that were more capable he found that his next obstacle was the wait time associated with the holsters that were seen as the “best.”
Jon decided that his skills gave him everything he needed to learn how to build a quality holster in less time than it would take to wait for someone else to do it for him.
That was the beginning of PHLster.
In today’s episode we talk about:
- How Jon started and developed PHLster into the company it is today,
- The Lego principle and how it impacts concealed carry comfort,
- How your ccw holster is like a sailboat,
- The impact of counterintuitive principles in firearms manufacturing and concealed carry,
- Why the average person expects too much from their concealed carry holster,
- How time can help you to conceal your gun and,
- Much more!
Important links related to today’s show.
Listen to Hundreds of SSA Podcast Episodes!
Shop with our Affiliates
You can support the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast by clicking through our affiliate links: