Today’s show might be one of the more important podcasts I have ever recorded. as many of you know, our Second Amendment Rights are under attack and I must say that I have never been more concerned about our rights than I am today. In what seems to be a perfect storm, anti-gun politicians and activists are feeling more bold and empowered than ever before and when that fact is coupled with the understandable complacency of today’s gun owner, I see a serious threat on the horizon. Today we will take a look at that threat and some no-nonsense steps we can take to win the fight.
Please Share this Show
Here is the link: http://www.safetysolutionsacademy.com/0325-expanding-our-fight-for-second-amendment-rights
Here we are in the middle of what appears to be a genuine crisis. the God given right that gives us the power to protect all of our other God given rights is under attack. Please take a few moments to share this show. When you share it, consider reaching outside of your your normal circles. There are many Americans that would be very concerned about this issue if they only knew about it. Yes, link the show on facebook, sure, tweet it, please e-mail it to you gun club buddies, but to address this threat, we must extend beyond our normal circles and reach those that are on the fringe of the issue and bring them together. Burn a CD and leave it with your barber…
The Problem with Statistics
In the past few weeks I have been receiving three types of e-mails.
- I can’t believe this is happening, what can I do?
- I knew this was going to happen and I missed the window to buy..
- I was thinking about heading to the range this weekend and i cant find any ammo, what is going on?
The disconnect between the first group and the other two is where al to of our problem lies.
52 million households own approximately 260 million guns
NRA has approximately 4.3 million members
Why the difference?
- Some people prefer to sit on the sidelines
- Some people like to get involved
- Some people are alienated – this is what needs to be fixed.
- Welcome shooters into the folds with open arms.
- EVEN people that voted for Obama
- Understand that a vote for guns is a double win. Even if it isn’t a vote for exactly what you want it is a vote for guns and it isn’t a vote against guns.
- Encourage them to get involved in the community of gun owners
- Make it welcoming
- Make it simple
- If you take someone to the range buy them a membership to the NRA and one less box of ammo
- Talk about the constitution
- Encourage them to take action
- Accept them if they don’t
If we surround ourselves with people just like us, everything looks great until we realize that it is all crashing down. Branch out, reach out and make a difference in our Second Amendment Rights.