Larry is a retired Illinois State Police officer and an avid martial artist with a strong competitive background. He owns Point Driven Training and is an instructor in the Shivworks collective. Larry also has a masters degree in exercise physiology and has a deep understanding of how physical fitness can enhance an athlete’s performance. When this knowledge is paired with Larry’s understanding of the dynamics of violence, well, that is where the magic happens.
In todays Episode we talk about:
- Saps and Blackjacks a course that Larry will be teaching at this years Tac-con,
- Larry’s Background in exercise physiology,
- What physical fitness has to do with violence,
- What a person needs to do to be considered healthy,
- Why cardiovascular disease is more of a threat than violent criminals,
- Why you consider lots of LSD to be the solution to your fitness issues
- How chasing numbers can lead you away from your real goals,
- How to make exercise and nutrition habitual by removing barriers,
- Why consistency is so important in your physical fitness and,
- How you can exercise to create adaptations in your body most efficiently.
Important links related to today’s show.
Listen to Hundreds of SSA Podcast Episodes!
Shop with our Affiliates
You can support the Safety Solutions Academy Podcast by clicking through our affiliate links: