The Protected Life – episode 002: Concealed carry and families with Rob Pincus and Melody Lauer.
In this episode of The Protected Life we talk with parents and personal protection instructors Rob Pincus and Melody Lauer. We discuss firearm safety, personal protection strategies, how to carry a concealed handgun while you are with your children and much more!
What you can expect to learn:
- Ideas regarding when it’s time to talk with your children about your defensive firearms
- Why firearm safety is a critical aspect of your families safety
- Safe storage and staging practices for your defensive handguns
- The pros and cons of carrying your baby on your body if you find yourself in a self-defense situation.
- Other concepts you should be paying attention to that will increase your safety and have nothing to do with guns
- Much more!
Let’s find out about this weeks guests:
Rob Pincus is joining us this morning from Colorado. Rob is a father, an author, a well known Professional Defensive Firearms Instructor, developer of the Combat Focus Shooting system and The Executive Director at the Personal Defense Network. As a long time firearms professional Rob has carried a gun throughout his adult life and has experienced the role of armed parent with his oldest daughter (20), children of other partners, and the newest addition to his family, his 3 month old daughter.
Here is my coverage of Rob’s appearance on Fox News to talk about safe storage and staging of defensive handguns. It contains a link to the segment which is a great primer on staging.
Here you can see her segment on carrying concealed while carrying a baby on the Doctors dramatically titled: Packing Heat and a Baby!
Resources from this week’s TPL Weekly show:
- The Gift of Fear – We didn’t discuss the Gift of Fear in today’s podcast but it is a book that really fits the topic especially for those folks who are new to personal protection and self-defense. It is a must read.
- Protecting the Gift – Here is Gavin de Becker’s follow up to The Gift of Fear. It is all about keeping your family safe.
- Rob is an accomplished author. His most appropriate book for today’s conversation is probably Defend Yourself. Take a look!
- Personal Defense Network provides an outstanding set of resources for those interested in increasing the safety of their family.
- You can keep up with everything that Melody has going on by keeping an eye on her website.
- Melody’s blog is another great resource.
Subscribe to the SSA Youtube Channel
If you simply follow this link it will take you to the Safety Solutions Academy YouTube Channel. We are always working to add more quality content for our valued followers to consume. When you subscribe to our channel you will receive notifications about new content that you are going to want to take a look at. Thank you for subscribing!
Share this episode with a friend or on your favorite social media network
The goal of The Protected life is simple: TPL exists to bring important safety, security and preparedness information to those that want to lead a safer life. The only way we will be successful with this goal is with your help. Please think about how you might be able to help spread the world. Simply highlight this url:
Then copy it. This will make it super easy for you to paste the link into an email or into a post on your favorite social media site so that you can share The Protected Life with others who are interested in a safer life! Thank you in advance!
Watch our other TPL Shows
Follow this link to head to the TPL Weekly Live page. This is where you can catch The Protected Life Weekly each and every week. It also houses all of the old shows as well so it makes for a great resource. Find another episode that sparks your interest and dive in and then share it with others that share your interest in safety.
Finally, please support our sponsors!
The Protected Life wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for the quality companies that sponsor TPL.
This week’s sponsor is Action Target.
Thanks so much for spending time with us today!
Please keep in mind that some of the links included here on the blog may be affiliate links. When you click through an affiliate link, Safety Solutions Academy gets paid a small referral fee at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your support in clicking these links. If you would prefer to not follow an affiliate link, simply open a new browser window and perform a google search for the products you are interested in.