Fundamentals of Concealed Carry and Ohio CCW provides students with quality training and preparation prior to application for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License. Your training will be focused on realistic defensive handgun training that will build the foundation of the skills you will count on most when you face a life threatening violent encounter.
Safety Solutions Academy does not teach a course that simply checks the box and allows you to apply for your permit. Instead we focus on real training for real violent encounter.
Upon completion of our 8 hour Ohio CCW course, applicants who are Ohio residents will have met and exceeded the educational requirements to apply for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License as specified by Ohio Revised Code 2923.125
This course is completed in one 8 hour block on a single day.
In Ohio Concealed Carry Classes students will:
- Master the rules of firearms safety and safe pistol handling skills
- Understand and be able to implement the safe storage of firearms and ammunition
- Learn how to select the best handguns and ammunition for concealed carry applications
- Explore and discuss the legal, ethical and moral aspects of carrying a handgun for self-defense
- Study the mindset needed to carry and use a firearm in lawful self-defense
- Understand the human physiological response to violence and how we can use this response to win a violent encounter
- Examine the difference between shooting and self-defense and why defensive skills are what we need to help us to stop a lethal threat
- Engage in practical exercises which build appropriate responses to threat cues
- Understand how to safely and quickly draw your concealed handgun and get the hits you need to get
- Participate in a 200 round live fire exercise which will apply the fundamental skills needed to defend yourself against a lethal threat