Massad Ayoob is the nation’s leading expert on the use of lethal force in self-defense and his analysis of the legal aspect of lethal force are the standard by which other information is judged.
Whether you have firearms for the defense of your home, carry a gun for self defense, carry a firearm as part of your job it is in your best interest to understand:
- how to use your firearm efficiently
- how to prepare yourself for the use of lethal force
- what skills you need to achieve fast and accurate hits when you need to defend yourself
- how to deal with the immediate aftermath as well as the legal, psychological and social aftermath of the event you hope never happens.
This Immersion course will provide an outstanding foundation for your contiued understanding of self defense with a firearm and the legal aspects of the judicious use of lethal force.
This course will fill to capacity so register early.
This two day course will immerse you in the “rules of engagement” for armed law abiding private citizens. You will spend 20 hours on the range focusing on fast and accurate shot placement and 20 hours in the classroom exploring the legal issues, tactical issues and aftermath management of a defensive encounter with a lethal threat.
May 6th and 7th, 2017
Location east of Cleveland to be determined.
You will spend time in the classroom covering important legal concepts you need to understand to successfully negotiate potential legal aspects of defending your life or the lives of other innocent people. Topics will include:
- How you can prepare beforehand for potential legal repercussions and minimizing your exposure to them
- Interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, what to do, what to avoid and why it is important
- Threat recognition and how it can make the difference
- The mindset you need to deal with a threat and its aftermath
- Management of the social and psychological aftermath you may face after having to use lethal force in defense of self or others
You will cover situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street.”
- A clean background shown with one of the following documents:
- Current Military or LE ID
- Current Concealed Carry Permit
- A current background check conducted by your local or State LE Agency
- You will also need to provide a copy of your state ID.
* at the time of registration please make a photo copy of both sides of your State issued ID and your proof of clean background and mail to:
Safety Solutions Academy
Attn: Paul Carlson
8440 E Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
Without proof of a clean background you will not be permitted to attend this course.
- Note taking materials.
- You will need to take LOTS of notes. We’ll explain why when you get here.
- If you wish to use a laptop computer or a tablet, that is OK (you may also want to bring an extension cord/power strip).
- Audio or video recording of the class is not allowed.
Travel to North East Ohio
Follow this link for more information about how you can travel to the Cleveland area for this or any other SSA course.
The official hotel for the event is the Newton Falls Holiday Inn Express. There will be a block of rooms reserved. When making your reservation use the group name “SSA MAG40.” Other lodging options are covered at the link above regarding travel to NE Ohio.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact Safety Solutions Academy, LLC via email or give us a call we will be happy to address any questions you might have.
All Classes meet at 8:30 AM on the First Day