If you or someone you love is seriously injured or experiences a medical emergency, you want to get professional help on scene as quickly as possible. With an average response time between 3 and 12 minutes, quick isn’t as quick as you would like and it may not be as quick as you NEED. While you are waiting for professional medical personnel to arrive YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. But only if you have the skills and the tools to do so. Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen will teach you about the tools and help you to develop the skills so that you aren’t helpless when it matters most.
Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen is designed to help every member of your family develop the knowledge, skills and practical experience necessary to safely render medical aid in many of the most common first aid scenarios.
Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen
Date: Saturday, March 5th, 2016
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Great Lakes Outdoor Supply, 8560 Bainbridge Road, Bainbridge, Ohio 44023 – (440) 384-3070
Prerequisites: None – Students need to be mature enough to focus on 8 hours of training.
Course Tuition: $165 (includes a hot lunch and beverages)
Critical First Aid is a hands on course so that you will easily learn the skills you need to provide medical care in a high stakes situation.
Space is limited. Register today.
Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen will prepare you and those that you love to deal with the most common medical emergencies that people just like you face every day. This hands on, fast paced course will prepare you to deal with:
- The medical and legal issues that surround providing first aid so that you can make good decisions while helping others.
- How to assess scene safety so that you don’t become injured yourself.
- Patient Assessment: How to find your patient’s injuries quickly so that you can begin treatment.
- How to treat penetrating and blunt traumatic injuries that are most common in accidents.
- How to properly utilize tourniquets, pressure dressings and hemostatic agents so that you can control bleeding and keep blood inside your patient’s circulatory system.
- How to identify and treat for shock so that your patient’s condition doesn’t worsen as a result of their injury.
- Learn to identify and treat general medical emergencies that you and your family are likely to experience such as:
- Diabetic emergencies
- Identify and treat thermal burns.
- Learn about environmental emergencies that you might face and how to treat them so that you and your family can enjoy life with confidence:
- Heat injuries; heat cramps, exhaustion, stroke
- Animal bites/stings; snakes, spiders, bees, dogs, polar bears, etc.
- What equipment you should have in your Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK.)
Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen is the right first aid course for you!
Critical First Aid is perfect for any student that wants to have the skills to be helpful to others that experience a common first aid emergency. If you and/or your family want to drastically increase your safety, a solid foundation in first aid is an important step in that direction. Students need to be mature enough to handle the subject matter and focus on the learning objectives for the 8 hours of class time.
No special equipment is needed for those attending Critical First Aid for the Responsible Citizen. Make sure to bring the tools you prefer for note taking and dress in comfortable clothing that will allow you to adjust for variations in temperature.
A hot lunch will be provided by Coyote’s Mexican and will consist of chips, salsa and steak and chicken fajitas and water. If you would like additional beverages or have special dietary restrictions please make sure to provide the food and beverages that you need to maintain safety and concentration.