UPDATE: Â We have 9mm ammunition available for the next 3 students at a price of $300/1000 rounds.
IÂ amÂ excited to announce that on June 29 &30, 2013 Daniel Shaw will teach his first handgun course as a civilian in Garrettsville, Ohio as part of a two day Course with Safety Solutions Academy.
Space is limited so Register now. Â This is an outstanding opportunity to train with Daniel.
You can find out more about this 2 day course details here. Â We will have 9mm ammunition available at an additional cost to those that sign up quickly. Â Please contact us if you will need ammunition to complete the training.
About Daniel Shaw:
Daniel recently retired from active service with the US Marine Corps where he served as an Infantry Unit Leader and held several weapons and tactics instructor positions.Â Some may recognize him from the podcast Gunfighter Cast which he created in 2008 and through it; he continues to produce informative defense based content in various forms of media.Â Since retiring, Daniel has established Paratus Academy to continue his career as a trainer in the private sector.Â
Operational and Teaching Experience
- Maritime Special Purpose Force Team Member, 22nd MEU SOC
- In Extremis Hostage Rescue (IHR), level IV Visit Boarding Search and Seizure (L4VBSS), and oil platform recovery.Â -22nd MEU SOC Mediterranean Sea AOR (1997 â€“ 1998)
- Conducted peacekeeping operations, trained host nation forces, and protected US assets and personnel in non-permissive environment. Â -Tirana Albania (1998)
- Rifle and pistol marksmanship instructor -MCRD Parris Island, SC (1999 â€“ 2002)
- Assault Section Leader Bravo Co 1st battalion 2nd Marines â€œTeam Tankâ€. Â -Iraq (2003)
- Convoy security detail, assault force vehicle commander. -Northern Babil Province Iraq (2004 â€“ 2005)
- Combat weapons instructor team leader. MCSF (2006 â€“ 2009)
- Tactical Readiness and Training, Weapons Training Chief. PACOM (2009 â€“ 2013)
- USMCSF Combat Weapons Master Instructor (handgun, rifle/carbine, shotgun, and medium to heavy machine guns)
- Combat Marksmanship Trainer
- Foreign Weapons Instructor
- Primary Marksmanship Instructor
- Host Nation Police Advisor Instructor
- Expeditionary and Fixed Site Security Instructor
- MCSF Security Guard Instructor(FAST/Naval Nuclear Security Program)
- Maritime Special Purpose Force Security Element Team Member
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for valor in heroic achievement during the battle of An Nasiriyah 2003
- Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for professional achievement in planning, supervising, and conducting training for foreign and US forces. (PACOM)
- Combat Action Ribbon
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal