This past weekend my wife and I found ourselves in a situation where we had built in baby sitting, a movie thearter close by, and a movie that I really wanted to see opening at the silver screen. Â We put the kids to bed and took off to see ‘Act of Valor.’ Â It was worth the $23.00 it cost us to go to the show. Â Of course ‘Act of Valor’ has been garnering a lot of attention as it is a story about SEALs starring SEALs in a time where America is in love with SEALs. Â It seems like all is right in the world. Â I hate to be just like everybody else, but I’m going to do it any way and tell you 3 reasons I will be heading back to the theater to catch ‘Act of Valor’ again.
- Sponsor of the Day: Survival Gear Bags
- Lou Chiodo Advanced Training Session April 28 and/or April 29
1. Technical Details
- I don’t get a chance to see professional operators run their guns on missions very often
- I am always looking for ways to do things more efficiently in the contexts that my students and I operate in
- Gear is sweet
2. The Quotes
- Wow, the writing was excellent. Â Both the screenplay and the historical quotes that were selected to make the point of the movie
- There really is no better record of our American Warrior Culture than the writings of our great warriors
- I was hammering away on my phone getting new quotes to put up on my page.
3. A Reminder of the Sacrifice
- The movie is fiction
- Based on actual missions, actual SEALs, and REALÂ sacrifices
- Read more about it over on ITS Tactical’s review of ‘Act of Valor’
- These men and women make sacrifices on our behalf every day.
- Emotional State
- Free Time
- All in the name of America. Â For you and for me. Â We best remember that. Â Especially when those names roll across the screen. Â I will go back just to sit and think about that.
- Don’t forget it isn’t just the SEALs that are making these sacrifices. Â The SOF community as a whole has gone all in for you and me. Â Supported by a bunch of men and women and their families.