These days, I don’t get too fired up about purchases. Â EspeciallyÂ necessityÂ type items like a weather radio. Â I think my wife was downright frustrated with the purchases when I made them my regular listeners know that I have a wife with a super high frustration level when it comes to the stupid crap I get myself into.
Well, as of yesterday, we are pretty pleased with the weather radios linked below.
Specific area message encryption.
First off these aren’t weather radios, they are emergency radios
- Weather forecast
- Weather watches and warnings
- Boil water
- Civil emergencies
- Nuclear emergencies
- The list really goes on and on
Performance of the technology was awesome
- Was up to the minute
- I can control what alarms sound
- I hear the message
- I can read the message
- I can set the radio for surrounding areas so I have lead time on the weather
Comparison to notification on TV or radio?
Comparison of individual radios
- Either Radio will do the job well
- SAME Technology
- AM/FM and Weather radio
- Alarm clock
- Aux input
- less expensive of the two
- similar in size
- noÂ additionalÂ antenna
- more time consuming to turn alarms on and off
- easy to program SAME codes
- more expensive
- more features
- included an external mag mount antenna
- better sound quality
- moreÂ adjust-abilityÂ of the siren volume
- screen problem
Sponsor of the day: Dale Fricke Holsters
MARSEC4 uploaded a great post about using the internet to learn and it featured our podcast! Â Thanks Sean.