One of the common themes of my life has been teaching. Â No matter what I get involved in I end up teaching it. Â I have taught lots of fun stuff throughout my life but today I got to teach a common topic for me to someone I NEVER thought I would have a chance to teach. Â My sister asked me to take her shooting. Â I was thrilled and jumped at the chance.
I wanted to take some time to talk with her about her experience.
- Tell us about your previous experience with guns.
- Why did it take you till this point in your life to want to shoot a gun.
- Before we went to the range, what were you thinking, wondering, excited about, maybe even concerned about?
- Before we headed to the range we took just a few minutes to talk about safety. Â What are yourÂ thoughtsÂ about safe gun handling.
- We went to an indoor range. Â What were your thoughts about that experience from a service standpoint, etc.
- I made the choice for you shoot a Glock 19 which is chambered in 9mm. Â What did you think about this pistol.
- I also offered the chance for you to shoot my Glock 21 which is a .45. Â What did you think about the differences in the two guns?
- If you had our shooting excursion to do over again what would you change.
- Will you ever do it again?
- What is your next step in shooting?