The list of my Every Day Carry gear is pretty long, and it always seems to be getting longer. Â I am constantly evaluating my gear for equipment to add and or drop to make sure my load is efficient.
One item that I have been carrying longer than any other EDC item is cash.
I keep cash in addition to my normal spending cash just in case.
- banks have hours and if you need cash, the hassle of having to wait or track down a money machine can be a problem.
- Cash is king! Â It works day or night in just about any type of transaction. Â ThisÂ isn’tÂ true for checks, or credit cards.
- Cash is accepted when the computer, phone lines, electricity or anything else is down.
- Cash Adds Up
- When you combine your EDC Cash with your spending cash you increase your buying power.
- When you add your cash to your significant others resources you begin to have some substantial holdings.
- EDC Cash can extend your buying power
I have a couple of rules regading my EDC Cash
- Kept Separate from my spending cash
- I keep my EDC Cash in 10’s and 20’s
- I don’t spend it
- I keep it split up
- It isn’t just on my person